Board of Deacons Establishes Transitional Plans To Review Configuration Options for Ministry Needs
March 7, 2018
Dear Church Family,
The Board of Deacons wants to provide you with initial transitional plans as we move forward after Sarah Verasco’s departure last Sunday. We already started the process of prayerful discernment and trust the Spirit will guide us throughout this process.
The Board met with Ginger on Tuesday, March 6 and developed a DRAFT plan of action as follows:
• Request congregational input by:
• Facilitating Church Chats after the 8:30 and 10:00 services on March 25 and April 29.
Church members meet on March 25th with Deacons to discuss possible Ministry Configurations to meet the ongoing needs of First Church.
• Regularly providing a Deacons Discussion table at coffee hours after the 10:00 service throughout the Spring.(Deacons attending 8:30 services will be available after early services as well.)
• Reminding members they individually can contact any Deacon to discuss suggestions and opinions. See contact listing below.
• Analyze input from the congregation, our UCC Consociation, minister, staff, and exit interview.
• Review configuration options and our ministry needs.
• Present monthly Board of Deacons updates at Church Council meetings throughout this transitional period.
• In March and April, we will inform Council as to our progress and facilitate discussions.
• In May our goal will be to present recommendations to the Council.
• Publish timely updates in the Landmark.
Jean Gresham and Sarah Beres
Board of Deacons Co-Chairs