Monday, June 26th, 6:30pm, for all parents and children in our program:
- Kickball on the Green – Church member, Nate Jacobson offers up a time of play for our children on the Guilford Green, and parents have an opportunity to get to know one another while gathered on the Green.
- 7th/8th grade picnic – a time for our youth at the Halvorsen/Matthews home celebrating the close of the school year.
Tuesday, June 27th, 6-8pm, for all parents and children ages 4 and up in our program (Please let Becky know if childcare is needed for children under 4):
- Parents and children are invited to the church for dinner at 6pm (dinner provided by church). Afterwards, each group will enjoy separate activities exploring the concept of what it is to NURTURE.
Wednesday, June 28th, 9:30am-2:30pm, for children ages 5 and up:
- A day at Once Upon a Farm, a ‘care’ farm run by the Institute of Professional Practice, Inc., a human services agency. Many thanks to church member (and Connecticut State Director at IPPI) Melodie Peet for introducing us to the farm and making our visit possible! Our children will experience nurturing activities through the organic gardens, the animals who make their home there, and the crafts we’ll make to help promote sustainability. We will leave from the church at 9:30am, and return by 2:30pm. Our mode of transportation will be determined after the final number is tallied. Additional adult help is needed, so please let Becky know if you can join in as a chaperone. RSVPs needed by Sunday, June 25th.
Thursday, June 29th, 6-8pm, for the churchwide family, all ages:
- Join in as we all engage in an evening of inter-generational fun, food, and fellowship. Bring your favorite summer meal to the Potluck dinner, then participate in a time of hearty music and discussion on the lawn of First Church.
SUMMER SUNDAY SCHOOL, June 25th-September 3rd
**Please see our Church School page for details.
SUNDAY WORSHIP, July and August, ONE service at 9am
**Nursery care available at all services.
There are many family friendly events that happen throughout the year. Please see our church’s Event Calendar for all upcoming events, or contact Becky Stambaugh, our Director of Children and Family Ministries with any questions about our children’s programs: firstname.lastname@example.org. Christian Education Phone: 203-453-3324.
You are also encouraged to subscribe to our Children, Teen, and Family Information E-Newsletter, which is sent each Thursday. Here, you will find weekly information regarding Sundays, as well as teen info and upcoming events. To subscribe, please click on the subscription link.